Peak Returns In Level 2 !
We’re delighted to let you know that from Monday 31st August, all our studios will open their doors again, with updated safety plans to keep you healthy – we can’t wait to see you.
Current Ministry of Health COVID-19 advice is:
- Physical distancing measures will still be in place in Alert Level 2
- At Alert Level 2 in Auckland gatherings will continue to be limited to 10 people – this has been confirmed as per space. Therefore we will approach this studio by studio and remain diligent during class changeovers and patient appointments
Our high level measures for Alert Level 2 include:
- Email reminder message for COVID-19 symptoms screening only
- Physical distancing measures
- Infection prevention control measures including PPE, unless client requests otherwise
- Group classes will continue with physical distancing in place
- Cleaning protocols and infection prevention control procedures have been reviewed and put in place
- Equipment is not to be used, unless absolutely necessary, and must be thoroughly cleaned after each use
PEAK’S APPROACH – HEALTH & SAFETY
To make sure everyone feels safe when coming to Peak studios in Level 2, we’ve compiled guidelines on the measures we will take.
What is Peak doing?
- Disinfecting our equipment and physio beds after each use. Our team continues to observe high levels of hygiene, for example washing hands after each patient contact – we even have a hand washing protocol and all staff are audited on this
- Disinfecting door handles, eftpos machines & frequently touched surfaces, regularly throughout the day
- Pilates pillows will be in a zip lock bag
- We are washing all physio towels, blankets, covers and Pilates cushions more frequently, though clients are encouraged to bring their own pillows and towels
- We’re maintaining an increased number of disposable wipes and spray stations throughout the studios
- Hand sanitiser clearly displayed at the door with a sign that every client or staff member must use it upon entry and exit to the studio
- Hand sanitiser and single use disinfectant wipe stations in every physio room, at reception and easily accessible throughout the clinic
- Washing our hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds), then drying thoroughly
- We’re avoiding sharing tools and personal objects like pens, phones, clipboards, or cleaning with disinfectant e.g. disinfectant wipes after each use, as best we can
- Systems have been put in place to eliminate physical contact with and between patients, for example disinfecting the eftpos machine and placing sanitiser adjacent. We are discouraging cash payments
- Gloves are a provided option for clients and patients to use while in our clinic, including during classes
- Spraying all reformer straps with Dettol Glen 20 between each use. Reformer straps for client purchase – You are welcome to contact www.pilatesreformer.co.nz / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reducing the amount and frequency of pilates equipment used during classes for level 2
- Maintaining the use of closed bins for disposal of used cleaning materials only
- Physios and massage therapists will be responsible for escorting patients and clients into the treatment rooms, opening and closing all doors on the client/patients behalf, to minimise surface touching
- Encouraging clients to sanitise and clean the equipment they used after the class
- Maintaining physical distance between physio consultation rooms, by having the physios using one room per day each, where possible, minimising cross contamination and allowing sufficient time to clean and disinfect rooms between clients
- Keeping class numbers small to help minimise risk – Unless Reformers can fit in the studio space safely, with the guidelines on spacing(2m apart).
- Maintaining appropriate physical distancing during Pilates classes
- At times we may ask our clients to remain in the car prior to appointments to ensure the waiting room maintains distance between people. If you notice a busy waiting room as you arrive please give our reception staff a call or wave to let them know you have arrived and when your physio or instructor is ready, we will call you in. Thank you for your adaptability and understanding.
- Our Pilates reformers have been moved further apart to minimise any risk
- Our group pilates classes will not be hands on
- Verbal client consent for physical contact with instructors and physios for 1 on 1s
- Contact tracing – keeping track of anyone entering our premises via ezybook and a clearly displayed QR code, digital Covid tracker at all entrances
- Studio doors to remain open, where possible, for increased air flow
- All staff will wear masks unless discussed and agreed with the client/patient
- Ensuring people with COVID-19 symptoms stay off the premises, by displaying Covid-19 site signage
- Instructing colleagues and clients to stay home if they have any symptoms like fever or runny noses
- Directing people who are identified as having such symptoms to call Healthline (0800 358 5453) or contact their general practice
- Contact tracing – QR codes clearly displayed at all entrances and Cliniko booking schedule tracking
- This information is important for the process of contact tracing, should it be required, to track down and prevent the further spread of COVID-19. The register will be kept for at least 2 months
- Providing public health messages and posters at business premises to support good hygiene practices
- Water fountains at Peak are out of use. Signage will be placed. Clients are encouraged to bring their own water bottles. No glasses of water can be provided unless there is an emergency.
- All unnecessary items have been removed from reception and waiting areas
- Surfaces kept clear and clean, removed magazines, pamphlets, excessive furniture, waste bins, water coolers etc.
- where possible, we will allow only the patient to be present in the clinic; a carer or guardian may be allowed to accompany the patient in appropriate circumstances so long as they are screened first and are free from COVID-19 signs or symptoms
- Clients may continue to fill out any paperwork and patient forms, Peak will disinfect pens afterwards
Please email your preferred studio to request further information. We will get back to you within 24 hours.
Keep an eye on your emails, our website, facebook and instagram accounts for further updates.
Thank you for your continued support during these uncertain times. Stay safe and look after yourself and others.