Peak Is Now Operating Online In Level 3 !
As you would have heard, on Saturday night the Prime Minister moved the Auckland Region back into Level 3 restrictions due to community cases in the region. I know this is unsettling and is extremely stressful for everyone. Our physios will still be available for Telehealth and our Pilates classes will move online. I urge you to please keep your appointments for continuity and to maintain your progress.
Due to the restrictions, Peak Pilates and physio studios are closed, effective immediately. At this stage, the Level 3 restrictions are in effect until 6am Sunday the 7th is March. As such, one of our staff will contact you shortly to book you into one of our online Pilates classes or a Telehealth appointment with the physio.
We will do our best to keep you up to date with any changes and hope to get everyone back into the studios shortly.
We will continue to provide regular updates, in the meantime please continue to stay safe.
We thank you for your continued support and look forward to seeing you back in the studio soon!
Peak Pilates and Physiotherapy
PEAK’S APPROACH – HEALTH & SAFETY
To make sure everyone feels safe when coming to Peak studios in all Alert Levels, we’ve compiled guidelines on the measures we continue to take.
What is Peak doing?
- Disinfecting our equipment and physio beds after each use. Our team continues to observe high levels of hygiene, for example washing hands after each patient contact – we even have a hand washing protocol and all staff are audited on this
- Disinfecting door handles, eftpos machines & frequently touched surfaces, regularly throughout the day
- The option to have Pilates pillows in a zip lock bag
- We are washing all physio towels, blankets, covers and Pilates cushions more frequently, though clients are encouraged to bring their own pillows and towels
- We’re maintaining an increased number of disposable wipes and spray stations throughout the studios
- Hand sanitiser clearly displayed at the door, with every client or staff member encouraged to use upon entry and exit to the studio
- Hand sanitiser and single use disinfectant wipe stations in every physio room, at reception and easily accessible throughout the clinic
- Washing our hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds), then drying thoroughly
- Gloves are a provided option for clients and patients to use while in our clinic, including during classes
- Spraying all reformer straps with Dettol Glen 20. Reformer straps for client purchase – You are welcome to contact www.pilatesreformer.co.nz / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maintaining the use of closed bins for disposal of used cleaning materials only
- Encouraging clients to sanitise and clean the equipment they used after the class
- Maintaining physical distance between physio consultation rooms, by having the physios using one room per day each, where possible, minimising cross contamination and allowing sufficient time to clean and disinfect rooms between clients
- Keeping class numbers small to help minimise risk – Unless Reformers can fit in the studio space safely, with the guidelines on spacing(2m apart).
- Maintaining appropriate physical distancing during Pilates classes
- At times we may ask our clients to remain in the car prior to appointments to ensure the waiting room maintains distance between people. If you notice a busy waiting room as you arrive please give our reception staff a call or wave to let them know you have arrived and when your physio or instructor is ready, we will call you in. Thank you for your adaptability and understanding.
- Our Pilates reformers have been moved further apart to minimise any risk
- Contact tracing – keeping track of anyone entering our premises via Ezybook, Cliniko and a clearly displayed QR code, digital Covid tracker at all entrances
- Studio doors to remain open, where possible, for increased airflow
- Ensuring people with COVID-19 symptoms stay off the premises, by displaying Covid-19 site signage
- Instructing colleagues and clients to stay home if they have any symptoms like fever or runny noses
- Directing people who are identified as having such symptoms to call Healthline (0800 358 5453) or contact their general practice
- Contact tracing – QR codes clearly displayed at all entrances and Cliniko booking schedule tracking
- This information is important for the process of contact tracing, should it be required, to track down and prevent the further spread of COVID-19. The register will be kept for at least 2 months
- Providing public health messages and posters at business premises to support good hygiene practices
- Clients are encouraged to bring their own water bottles
- Clients may continue to fill out any paperwork and patient forms
Please email your preferred studio to request further information. We will endeavour to get back to you within 24 hours.
Keep an eye on your emails, our website, facebook and instagram accounts for further updates.
Thank you for your continued support during these uncertain times. Stay safe and look after yourself and others.